Sunday, October 16, 2011

Malone University Alumni Art Exhibit

Two pieces of my artwork titled Marriage and Motherhood were recently on exhibit at the Malone Univeristy Art Alumni Exhibit in the Fountain Gallery of the Johnson Center.  This past weekend my husband, son and I traveled to Malone, where I attended school as an undergarduate to see my pieces on display.  Grady and I are standing by the dyptich Motherhood, inspired of course by his birth last summer.  Not only do I feel it is important to teach my students about art, but I feel it is also pertinent to be a working artist myself.  To find out more about my current work, you can visit my other blog at http://www.inowpronounceyoupaintings.blogspot.com/.

Below, my high school Art 1 class is wrapping up a creative hand study.  Here are a few I'd like to share...





4 comments: