Monday, June 4, 2012

OUT WITH A BANG!

Today marks our last day of school this second year at The Falcon Academy of Creative Arts.  I received a gift midway through the year... a dinosaur my students in my after school art club, Picasso's Kids had painted.  Each bone is painted in the likeness of an artist or with color theory in mind.  Because my previous school wanted to find a new home for him I was glad to accept.  I remember how excited my students were when we painted this dino (a donation from one of my friends who taught down the hall at Brimfield Elementary) and a few of those students are here with me at FACA now.  Mrs. Snider had the idea that we should weatherproof the dinosaur and put him on the roof.  That's exactly what we did.  My thoughts on that are... dinosaurs may be dead but the ARTS in schools are not!  Especially this school!








No comments:

Post a Comment